Sunday, June 10, 2012

Blueberry Surprise Cupcakes (Whole Wheat)





Blueberry season is upon us here on the Eastern Shore, and my husband just found out he loves blueberries, I am not a fan, but will eat them if they are baked into a treat.  So I decided to make




Whole Wheat Blueberry Surprise Cupcakes



Ingredients
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup light brown sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup fresh buttermilk
3/4 cups fresh blueberries
1 cup canola oil
2 tsp vanilla


Directions

Mix wet ingredients together, add sifted dry ingredients to the wet mixture, fold in blueberries.  Fill cupcake tins 1/2 full you will get about 18.  Bake for 18 minutes.  Transfer to wire rack.

Cream Cheese Frosting

1 stick of unsalted butter (softened)
1 - 8 oz package of fat free cream cheese (softened)
3 cups sifted powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
blueberries for garnish if you like

Mix cream cheese, butter and vanilla.  Add powdered sugar and mix until your desired consistency.  Fill your piping bag and frost, place a couple of blueberries on top of cupcake.


Enjoy!

You can find me linking up Here

 

22 comments:

  1. These look so good! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Simple Sunday!

    Kim from Cups by Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! those look amazing! so beautiful too!
    -Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY!!! I'll have to make these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love me some cream cheese and blueberries!!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I love anything with blueberries and these look delicious. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cupcakes! I don't think I have tried fresh blueberries before. It is my dream to bake with my daughter. Someday...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am most excited for the cream cheese frosting! We pick a lot of blueberries in the summer, so these will be a huge hit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mother in law loves blue berries - I might have to make these for her.
    Yummy as always,
    Leigh
    www.oneandoneequalstwinfun.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I'm so glad I found this blog. Those cupcakes look scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks really good and is something I can make for my husband who has become a heath freak recently. He is watching everything he puts into his mouth recently. Thanks and I am your newest follower, please follow back at http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm, healthy cupcakes? I wouldn't have believed it! These look wonderful! Glad I found your blog - visiting from Naptime Review's Monday Mingle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! I love blueberries and I'm always looking for recipes using whole wheat. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Another awesome treat from my baking guru! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy this looks so good I will need to try them soon.

    Love your blog

    Check out my food blog if you havent already

    http://thedailysmash101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. DE-lish! Love blueberries. No, that's an understatement. Blueberries are incredibly amazing. Thanks for sharing. Following you via GFC. I'm posting a blueberry banana muffin recipe later this week. (Told ya I love 'em!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those look amazing! I might like blueberries too like that.

    Thanks so much for linking up at Mealtime Monday! Hope to see you again next week!

    Kaylee
    www.couponingncooking.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a fan of cream cheese frosting! These look amazing! Thanks for linking up at Fantastic Thursday at Five Little Chefs. Hope to see you there next week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Pamela! So excited to let you know that I'm featuring these over at Addicted to Recipes - Congrats!

    http://iamaddictedtorecipes.blogspot.ca/2012/06/scrumptious-sunday-15-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. SUPER CUTE! Crossing my fingers you'll share at my party! Saturdays at Seven!

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  20. Feed me one of these now! They look so good. I love blueberries!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...